About Paintless Dent Repair
What is Paintless Dent Removal
(Hail Damage? See hail quotation form below)
Paintless dent removal is an innovative technique that aims to remove dents wherever possible restoring the original paint on your vehicle. Most insurance companies now require a PDR quotation quote and we work with insurance companies regardless to take the stress and confusion off you.
There are two main types of techniques –
a) pushing dents from behind the panel or
b) glue pulling from the outside.
Any vehicle less than 10 years old are at a low risk of paint issues due to the industry standards and warranty of the factory paint.
Once vehicles are older than 10 years, the paint being cracked particularly due to glue pulling becomes a possibility. More often you hear “I might crack the paint”. ‘Push to paint’ (PTP) on the quotation becomes a necessity. The requirement of painting the panel becomes necessary and annotated on the quotation for the insurance company. Of course hail cracking the paint automatically requires a PTP annotation applied to the quotation.
Of course in the private quote situation, a decision has to be made whether the consumer wishes to proceed. For example if the vehicle was to be painted the repairer decided whether nor not to “risk it”. The PDR technician may refuse to do the repair because of the risk of cracking based on the paint condition. Please kindly accept their refusal based on experience and to avoid further issues.
Paintless Dent Repair is Environmentally Friendly
Paintless Dent Repair uses very little in the way of chemicals except to perhaps clean glue off the paint and a little for buffing or cut and polish procedures. This makes this technique very environmentally friendly. In 2022, the paintless dent repair now includes environmentally friendly spray painting and panel beating under one roof with no need to outsource!
Vehicle Hail Damage
Insured hail damage vehicles
Have any dents? Car insured and suffered hail damage? We are ready to proceed with quotations but require claim number and some information. Please click the following link and submit the form
Anyone worried about choice of repairers contact us – Call us – 0408020468
More information is available. We will then contact you as soon as we can for an assessment and quickly appoint you for repairs.
Non-insured or minor hail damage
Otherwise, for general hail or dents, feel free to submit a free dent quote today and we will get back to you asap.
Paintless Dent Removal and Severe Weather Related Websites, Resources and Information
Included here are a set of websites related to paintless dent removal, severe weather, storms, photography and PDR Training and Online PDR courses websites.
Severe Weather, Weather Photography and Severe Storms and Information Websites
– from Australian Severe Weather and extreme storms Australia
Storm links, thousands of weather photographs, storm videos, storm news articles, weather observation techniques
- Storm Chaser News and Storm Chasing Storm Chaser News and Storm Chasing Articles
- Storm News and Storm Chasing Articles Storm News Articles and Stories
- Storm Weather News Articles Storm Weather Articles and Articles
- Thunderbolt Storm Chasing Tours – the first and original Thunderbolt Storm Chasing Tours in Australia from 2002
- Hail storm Forecasts Australia Hailstorm forecast information, services and resources
Paintless Dent Removal Training and PDR Training Resources
- PDR Training Australia – The original PDR Training and most professional PDR Training Courses with original and genuine content and training
- Paintless Dent Removal Course Information PDR Course Online and PDR Training
- Hail Dent Repairs Australia Hail Dent Repairs and Paintless Dent Removals training courses, information and techniques with the famous Dent Quotation systems
- Hail Dent Repair Hail Dent Repair and PDR Training Service website rapidly becoming popular with very fast quotation and upload image service for hail and dent repair
- Dent Repair Dent Repair and Training Website
- Paintless Dent Repairs and Removals Australia More information on paintless dent repairs and also PDR training
- Dent Removal and Dent Repair Training
- Paintless Dent Repairs and PDR Training
- Dent Removal School Course Information
- PDR Australia Paintless Dent Repairs
- Learn Paintless Dent Removals PDR Training Learn how to do Paintless Dent Removal with PDR Training Resources
- Hail Dent Removal Another Dent Removal Service
- Paintless Dent Repair Paintless Dent Repair Service and Information
- Hail Dent Removal Hail Dent Removal Resources and Service information
- Rapid Repair Rapid Repair specific information also covers paintless dent repairs
Photography and Art Websites
Other Website Resources
What to do after getting hit by a hailstorm? -> Repair Locations Map
Yes another major hailstorm event has hit. If your vehicle has been hit by hail, please call us on 0408020468 as most hail repairs from this event may be repaired under the average insurance excess. Please contact us for a FREE QUOTE as your vehicle may be repairable on the spot rather than putting up with a LONG wait booking with at least some insurance companies (more than a year in some cases!)
Step 1: Contact us 0408020468
Step 2: If you are insured, you may wish to claim from your insurance company or may decided to check whether it is worth it first. If claiming on insurance, you need a claim-number from your insurance company. In the event of a major catastrophic hailstorm, the insurance company may direct you to a hail assessment centre.
If not insured, you may wish to repair your vehicle. Contact us for a FREE quotation.
Step 3: Once we provide you with an estimate, and you proceed with the repair or your repair is authorised by insurance to us, we will contact you for a date and time for repair.
In the case of a write-off, you may receive a pay-out or may be asked to hand over your vehicle. Please be aware of the laws and regulations in your states or territories.
Step 4: We hand back the completed repaired vehicle.
Submit your quote today
Dent Repair Cost -> Repair Map Locations
The most asked question by customers is the cost of hail dent repair, trolley dents or door dints. The industry standard for pricing of that first standard dent varies from $80 to $130. Factors influencing pricing depend on:
- size of the dent or dents
- depth of the dent or dents – one deep slightly stretched dent may even be quoted
- number of dents – the more dents to be fixed in that visit sees a rapid drop in per price of the dent
- complexity of the dent or dents including creases or folds
- expected quality and what people are wanting to pay just so they don’t see the annoying dent as compared to a person who is extremely fussy and keep their vehicle extremely immaculate
- time to do the dent or dents
- whether paint needs to be maintained (ie panel will be resprayed regardless so being careful not to crack the paint is no longer an issue)
- removal and replacement and access to the dents (often luxury cars have different standard removal and replacement of part as compared to the standard Japanese and Australian made vehicles lending to varying times)
- how far the PDR technician must travel to and from home to repair the vehicle or if you drop the car to them instead
- urgency such as quick sales or return of damaged rental vehicles
Further hail and dent repair damage pricing information is available.
Paintless Dent Repair – About Us
Dent Repair was formed in 2006 with the intent of servicing vehicles removing dents. Using a reliable team of PDR technicians, we repaired vehicles in car sales yards as well as managed and serviced private customers. Our approach has always been professional.
PDR technology and systems have changed since then. We have progressed with industry demands in this competitive market. In the end though the quality and integrity of our customers are our top priority.
Today, we repair door dings, minor dents, scratches and are a set up to cater to various types of hail dent repair demands.
Our standard competitive paintless dent removal pricing are typically based on the time taken for the job to be done.
Have any dents? Car suffered hail damage? Submit a free dent quote today and we will get back to you asap.
Dent Repair Locations
We have dent repair locations across Australia and are rapidly expanding our network. Our intent is to provide honest and trustworthy service of dent repair amongst other services added as time goes on. Our purpose is to operate with ethics and this includes fairness. We provide honest opinions and attempt to provide a solution if it cannot be done by our technicians.
Dent Repair is available anywhere across Australia with many centres across the cities.
- Find your Dent Repair Location and then
- Ask for Dent Repair Quote
- Schedule a repair
Dent Repair Quote Process
Scheduling paintless dent repair quote is quite easy. Our easy Step by Step Dent Quote Estimator can provide a ball park figure on how we estimate
Step 1: Fill in the Dent Repair quotation form below or Contact Us
Step 2: Find your nearest location to you
Types of Dent Repair -> Repair Locations Map
Dent Repair Australia repairs anything from private work dents to door dints, car park dents or trolley dents.
It’s not uncommon to see car park or shopping trolley dints on vehicles. This is especially the case in the past few years as metal becomes thinner in gauge. It may be one or more dents on doors, quarter panels or roofs, boot lids, bonnets or roofs.
Private Hail Jobs
Sometimes, people without insurance wish to repair or tidy up the panels on their vehicles.
Also in cases where hail damage is light, some prefer not to make insurance claims and it may possible to repair the vehicle under the insurance excess!
Insurance Hail Jobs
Insurance hail work is more specific to customers that wish to claim on their insurance companies. Of course it means that you have an excess which varies from person to person and whatever cover is being claimed from whichever insurance companies.
It is comprehensive insurance that is required to make insurance claims for hail damage. Further detailed types of dent repair information is available.
The developmentDent Repair Techniques and Tools
Dent repair, also known as paintless dent removal, is the process of removing dents without removal of paint. Therefore it helps maintain the facory finish. Removing dents involves special messaging techniques.
The inudstry has developed special tools used for pushing to pulling dents. The general principal is to remove the stress causing the dents or blending the dents to look presentable. PDR technicians need to be efficient and most ensure they have a full kit of the various types of tools.
Types of Dent Repair
Pushing Dents using Special Tools
The original method of pushing dents was to use self made tools. Paintless dent removal techniques developed in the early years of mass production of the factory assembly lines. This effectively helped reduce the need to return vehicles. The paintless dent removal (PDR) industry since then has exploded with huge variety of pdr tools from rods to whale tails. Basically these tools push the dents from the inside out.
Unbeknown to many, glue pulling is the most common method to pull dents from the outside. It’s quite often claimed that dents are sucked out.
However, the modern method is to use special glue to pull using special glue that is melted by heat guns onto glue tabs that are
Hot Box and Shrinking Machine
Heat can be applied to the dent to either loosen larger dents or shrink and remove the smaller dents by loosening the stess from around the it’s stress points.
Blending is the process where special hammers or other similar tools. These are used to blend the metal to look good and back in place.
Hot boxes and Shrinking Machines
Heat induction used for many years in opanel beating is now being used in the paintless dent removal industry. It is a necesary addition to the PDR technician tool kit. There are different types of these tools applying to steel or aluminium panels.
Lights have improved dramatically from flourescent to LED lights. From portable lights that can attach to the panel using pump suction to light on adjustable stands.
Ice causes metal to contract and it has been used to contract the dent if required.
If you require a quotation, please contact us!